- Contact this community directly.
- Have your questions answered.
- Schedule a tour or receive a brochure.
The Elms Assisted Living
Welcome to The Elms Assisted Living
Since 1985 The Elms has set the standard in assisted living in Southern Rhode Island and Southeastern Connecticut. Located in a beautiful residential neighborhood of stately Victorian homes, The Elms is walking distance from historic Wilcox Park and downtown Westerly's unique shops and wonderful restaurants. At The Elms, residents enjoy gourmet meals, complimentary housekeeping, transportation and laundry service. Our compassionate team of care givers is available to provide assistance when needed. The activities director organizes a wide variety of events both in and out of the community; one more reason the residents and their families agree that The Elms is the perfect solution for those that don't need a nursing home, but may be a little overwhelmed trying to manage things at home.
Affordable Elegance in Assisted Living at The Elms
It's no secret that physical limitations often come with age. Driving gets more challenging, laundry and groceries get more difficult to carry and cleaning house can be overwhelming. Even the little things like buttoning a shirt or remembering to take medications are not as easy as they sound for some seniors.
Nursing Homes Are Not Always The Answer
The Elms Assisted Retirement Residence offers a less restrictive, more dignified alternative for seniors who might require some assistance with daily living, but otherwise want a full and active life.
The Elms takes pride in offering the finest meals along with housekeeping, transportation, activities, companionship and more! Personal assistance with bathing, dressing and medication is provided by our staff of nurses and certified nursing assistants, all in an elegantly appointed community our residents are proud to call home. The Elms offers a monthly rental with no required "buy-in" or lease.
The Elms residents enjoy excellent care, warm companionship, independence, affordability and a superb quality of life.
Sensitive and Willing Staff
- Personal care, bathing, dressing and grooming
- Medication administration, management and assistance
- Monitoring by a Registered Nurse
- Support for any activities of daily living
- Recreation Director for social, recreational and cultural planning
- Great room with fireplace
- Library and reading rooms
- Card, activity and meeting room
- Private dinner room
- Full kitchen for private dinner parties
- Indoor and outdoor lounges
- On-site Health and Wellness Center
- Scheduled fitness classes
- Organized recreational / social programs
- Beauty and barber salon
- Resident gardening areas
- Landscaped grounds and gardens
- Walking tours
Comprehensive Services, Included in your Monthly Suite Rental
- Spacious suites with private bath
- Wall to wall carpet and attractive window treatments
- Water and electric utilities; individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Spacious closets and storage areas
- Fire and sound resistant construction
- Individual on-premise laundry service
- Washer and dryer, iron and heating board, at no charge
- Three full-service meals each day served in our elegant dining room
- Special individual diets accommodated
- Two convenient elevators
- Weekly housekeeping including bed linen change
- 24-hour security, including individual emergency call system
- Direct connection to fire department
- Personal assistance with your move
- Scheduled transportation service
- Convenient adjacent parking
- Attractively maintained environment and landscaping
- Involvement in an extensive social, recreational and cultural calendar
- We require no "buy-ins" or leases.
Special Care Community for early Alzheimer's and Dementia
The Carriage House at The Elms is the only dedicated special care community in Southern Rhode Island for the care of early-stage Alzheimer's and dementia.
The philosophy of The Carriage House at The Elms is to provide an environment that will support the residents' remaining cognitive ability. It is our goal to support their functioning, accommodate their behavior changes, provide them freedom with safety and encourage independence.
Here are some other highlights:
A staff of professionals trained specifically to work with this special segment of our population including three members of the staff that are designated by The Alzheimer's Association as "Master Trainers" in the field of Alzheimer's and dementia care.
- Three nutritionally balanced meals a day.
- Specialized daily activities to promote positive purpose.
- Walking paths through our gardens providing the residents the opportunity to be outside in a safe and secure setting.
- An environment designed to avoid confusion or aggravation.