- Contact this community directly.
- Have your questions answered.
- Schedule a tour or receive a brochure.
Salem Lutheran Home
Welcome to Salem Lutheran Home. As part of the Elder Care Alliance family of assisted living seniors communities, we dedicate ourselves to providing care services to meet the needs of older adults. We are a non-profit, faith-based organization open to all. We celebrate and respect the dignity and inherent worth of each person and invite you to visit us soon.
Salem enjoys an excellent reputation within the community and among healthcare professionals because of its dedication and commitment to residents and quality service. Services and amenities include:
- Three nutritious meals a day (1 or 2 meal option also available)
- Educational and entertaining programs
- Spiritual care and support services including grief and loss
and family support groups
- Lively activities
- Paid utilities, except telephone and cable services
- Rehabilitation and wellness clinics with physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Respite care options
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Dementia-trained caregivers
- Four levels of assisted living care
- Two levels of memory care
- Skilled nursing program
- On site beauty salon
- Several gardens and a walking path
- Companionship social interaction
- Chapel with full-time chaplain
- Group exercise classes including yoga and tai chi
Salem is a special place. An oasis of tranquility within the heart of the East Bay. Cottages blend with apartments along a tree-lined street within our 5-acre campus. Reminiscent of a Scandinavian village, our community provides a family-focused, homelike atmosphere for almost 200 residents.
Take a stroll along our beautiful quarter-mile walking path and you will see our colorful rose garden and fresh-scented lemon trees. Enjoy our outdoor seating areas or come see our residents’ indoor garden, where a variety of flowers and vegetables are blooming.
Music is a big part of Salem Lutheran Home. It’s not unusual to find one of our residents or caregivers playing an impromptu "concert" on one of Salem's several pianos. In addition to music, residents keep busy with yoga or tai-chi lessons or surf the internet in our fully-equipped library.
As a licensed Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), we provide our residents with the full spectrum of residential and care options to meet changing needs: 4 levels of assisted living care, 2 levels of memory care programs, and skilled nursing in our Care Center.
With a CCRC agreement, residents have the peace of mind of knowing Salem can continue to be their home, regardless of their changing care needs. This is also ideal for couples whose needs may differ, allowing them to live in the same community and see each other daily, even when one needs more care than the other. For those unable to enter into a CCRC agreement, Salem also offers the flexibility of month-to-month residency agreements.
We have a range of accommodations to meet a variety of needs and lifestyles.
- Individual Cottages: One, two and three bedrooms with full kitchens
- Salem Woods Apartments: Studios, one and two bedroom apartments
with full kitchens and outdoor patios, some overlooking a beautiful
- Salem Main Building Apartments: Studios and two room suites
- BridgeHaven Dementia Care Programs: Private studios and two
- The Terrace Dementia Care Program: Private studios
- Skilled Nursing: Private and semi-private rooms
We sincerely welcome your inquiries. A visit to our beautiful community is the best way to experience all that we offer. Please contact us to schedule a free lunch and tour. We look forward to hearing from you!